The costs of Residential Care is made up of three components. These are the Basic Daily Fee, the Means Tested Care Fee and the Accommodation Payment.
Basic Daily Fee
$56.87 per day
This covers living costs such as meals, power and laundry.
(Note that the Basic Daily Fee is payable from the beginning of pre-entry leave which commences when you accept the offer of a room and may be up to 7 days before entry)
Means Tested Care Fee
(Maximum per day if averaged over full year): $83.77
This is an additional contribution towards the cost of care that some people may be required to pay. Services Australia will work out if you are required to pay this fee based on your income and assets. Your assets will include any Refundable Accommodation Deposit that you have paid.
There are annual ($30,574.33) and lifetime caps ($73,378.49) that apply to the means-tested fee. Once these caps are reached, you cannot be asked to pay any more means-tested fees.
Note that the subsidy the home receives from the Department of Social Services is reduced by the amount of Means Tested Care Fee the resident pays.
This is for your accommodation in the home. Some people will have their accommodation costs met in full or part by the Australian Government, while others will need to pay the accommodation price set by the home.
These accommodation payments may be paid as a lump sum amount (Refundable Accommodation Deposit or RAD), as a daily fee (Daily Accommodation Payment or DAP) or as a combination of a RAD and a DAP. The interest rate used to convert the RAD to a DAP is set by Services Australia and is currently 5.00%.
Brodribb Home has the following levels of Accommodation Payments:
• Couples Suite, Shared Room + Shared Bathroom – Azalea:- RAD of $360,000 or DAP of $49.32
• Standard Room, Private Ensuite –
…… Camellia, Jacaranda, Magnolia, Rose, Maple, Lavender:- RAD of $400,000 or DAP of $54.79
• Standard Room, Private Ensuite – Gardenia and Banksia:- RAD of $450,000 or DAP of $61.64
• Bay Window Room, Private Ensuite – Lavender:- RAD of $450,000 or DAP of $61.64
• Bay Window Room, Private Ensuite – Gardenia and Banksia:- RAD of $475,000 or DAP of $65.07
• Balcony Room, Private Ensuite – Camellia:- RAD of $475,000 or DAP of $65.07
• Standard Room, Private Ensuite – Azalea:- RAD of $475,000 or DAP of $65.07
• Suite – Azalea:- RAD of $700,000 or DAP of $95.89
If a resident pays the maximum RAD for a particular style of accommodation, the whole of the RAD will be refunded after discharge. However a resident may pay a part RAD and have the balance payable deducted from the lump sum.
This is a general guide only and was updated in September 2022. The Basic Daily Fee, the Means Tested Care Fee and the Interest Rate are set by Services Australia. For more information or to access a cost calculator, please refer to the My Aged Care Website or contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.